Friday, November 12, 2010

L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream and Pure Shea Butter


L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream

Enriched with 20% Shea Butter, this super-creamy balm penetrates quickly to protect, nourish and moisturise hands. Honey, almond extracts and coconut oil are blended with shea butter to create this extremely effective care. The rich texture is rapidly absorbed to leave the hands soft and smooth with no oily traces. Apply day and night as needed.

My Comment:
Only started to use this for 4 months
and since, my hand has never had any major peels and does not feel dry.

I'm not a fan of creams because i dislike the fact that it makes my hand oily
and everything i touch turns oily.
but this cream absorbs into my skin pretty fast and did not leave an oily layer.

The cream smells really good.

I've never used a hand cream constantly for more than 2 weeks.
and this is the only hand cream that i've been using regularly for 4 months now
and has proven to work for my dry and eczema-fied hands.

i'm happy =D

Price Range: RM80+ (150ml)

***

L'Occitane 100% Pure Shea Butter

This 100% natural origin organic certified Shea Butter is extracted from wild kernels of Shea tree fruits. It is issued from Fair Trade with cooperatives of women in Burkina Faso. This irreplaceable beauty balm helps to nourish, protect, soften and regenerate dry, dehydrated or sensitive skin. Enriched with antioxidant vitamin E.

Use of face, lips, body and hair.Melt in palm of hands before applying.

My Comment:
I got this after i found that the shea butter hand cream was useful
and the hand cream only had 20% of the Shea Butter.
Hence, i was pretty curious about how true the benefits of this Shea Butter was as written on the website.
hence i got 2 of this 8ml 100% Pure Shea Butter and experimented on myself.

When i first got it,
i wasn't quite used to the smell of it but got used to it really quickly.
i was quite reluctant to apply oil onto my skin
as i was afraid that it will be extremely oily and all.
but nope,
the Shea butter melted quickly in my palms
and shortly after application,
it absorbs into my skin and doesn't feel oily
=D

i've had rough and tough skins on my hands
(due to the way i hold my pen :P i use quite a lot of force)
which i've been applying constantly on for about 3 weeks.
and it has successfully soften my tough skin!!

I'm also using it on the scar on my knee
this one takes time but it's noticeable that it's slowly fading :)

I've tried it on Mosquito bites i get from studying in the Kitchen at night which is
just next to the Garden.
(owh the mosquitoes :P)
it soothes the itch and stops itching almost immediately
(prevent scars from scratching :))

Also tried this on cuts.
wow. it really speeds up healing.

i'm seriously amazed with this.
and i'm not exaggerating.
Use it and you'll know :)
i'm a living experiment :P heh.

and i NEVER promote things that i don't trust or believe in.
especially cosmetics!
i never believe in cosmetics until i met L'Occitane :P

Price Range: 8ml - RM29
150ml - RM140+

*miracle shampoo post coming up next :P
but i think you should be able to guess what brand is it already XD

5 comments:

Adele said...

LOL! I think i should start using my stash then.

I always get a whole set of stuff from there for Christmas. I always keep them for "rainy" days. LOL! I HAVE LOADS from hand cream to body wash to soaps to shampoo to lotion. etc etc.

Joo Ling said...

HAHAHA...if you haven't use, DON'T USE!
coz...
you'll get addicted!! and and...
you'll end up burning a hole in your pocket ><
:P
or maybe it's just me :P
ha ha haa... XD

*wendy* said...

hey couz, i've the first hand cream but i dun really like the smell. lemme know if u go to my place, i ask my sis to pass to u ;)

Shea butter said...

I've known about shea butter recently , so I managed to have one. Now I get crazy wit this and It seems like my hand have a best friend!

Joo Ling said...

Couz - hehe...why don't like the smell?? XD okay ma :P
hehehe..
yea sure :P if you really really don't want it anymore..kekeke.. ;)

THANKS :D

Solidity - hehe. i got crazy over the whole of Shea Butter Range!! :D