Saturday, September 11, 2010

Tiny Chicken Egg!

Okay,
so most of you know that i've gone chicken crazy lately :P
not really that crazy.
just that i suddenly have interest in chickens :)
(but not all chickens)

Anyways.
i've found out that my chicken,
this one.
is a Kampung Ayam Asli (in Malay)
Ma Lai Kai (in Chinese)

but this is not my point :P

Today
i saw something really surprising as i peek through my hen's nesting 'cage'
(used to be Onyx's puppy house breaking cage)
guess what i saw!
a SUPER TINY CHICKEN EGG!
(a.k.a fart egg, wind egg, dwarf egg...whatever you call it :P)

but i had to wait till she's gone before i could take it.
Have some look at the pictures =D
it's soooooo cute! :P

From left: City Chicken's Egg, My Chicken's NORMAL egg, and her CUTE egg :P


my hen's normal egg vs her wind egg

City Chicken's egg vs my hen's wind egg

Always hungry =="

Onyx checking out the cute eggs XD

it's only FOOD FOOD and FOOD in her mind! :P

Here's some facts about "fart/wind/dwarf eggs"
1. No yolk
(but some have yolks, have seen those pics online :P)
Not sure if the one i have now has any yolk,
will update when i crack the egg :)
have to show a few more peeps first :P

2. Normally, such an egg is a pullet's first effort, produced b
efore her egg laying mechanism is fully geared up. so means, normally the first egg the hen lay would be very small.

3. However, in a mature hen, a wind egg is unlikely, but can occur if a bit of reproductive tissue breaks away, stimulating the egg producing glands to treat it as a yolk and wrap it in albumen, membrane and egg shell as it travels through the egg tube.
(this is just like my case, coz my hen is already over 2 and 1/2 years old)

***

Anyways,
about a week ago,
i just bought another 4 1 month old chicks from one of my primary schoolmate's mom :)
but, sadly, they're not kampung chicken ><
nevermind.
i'll continue my search.
but once i get my kampung chickens,
these chicks are probably gonna end up on my dinner plate :P
yum!
but it seems like my mom is interested in letting them lay eggs.
well,
we'll see :P

The hens.
(there's 3)

The rooster.
(one is more than enough)
XD
he can gao dim 10 hens =D
but he better be quiet, if he's going to wake me up from my sleep in the mornings during my holiday...
he'll literally end up on my dinner plate!!!
MUAHAHAHAHAhahaa. :P
hehe.

ttfn.

Still looking for Kampung Ayam Asli!!!!
help :)

1 comment:

JaneCJX said...

Loh, looking forward for chicks too!! >v<